School Principal, Full Time
Cataldo Catholic School is a P-8 Parochial Catholic School located in Spokane, Washington. Cataldo offers a rigorous, academic experience in a faith-centered environment. Cataldo’s philosophy, mission, and student learning expectations are available at www.cataldo.org.
Cataldo seeks a mission driven Principal with exceptional leadership skills to join our talented faculty, staff, students, and families. The Principal will work with the Board of Governors and the Diocese to help ensure the philosophy and mission of Cataldo Catholic School thrives.
Spokane is a wonderful place to live and to work. Spokane Planner is a good source for getting a feel for Spokane’s attractions. Spokane boasts a wonderful downtown, great housing prices, amazing walking trails, five ski resorts within 90 minutes of downtown, dozens of lakes within an hour, the spectacular beauty of Spokane Falls, five universities and two medical schools in the University District, 27 microbreweries, 26 wine-tasting rooms and wineries, and plenty of variety for every lifestyle in Spokane and easily commutable outlying areas.
Interested candidates will:
- Be a practicing Catholic who has knowledge and understanding of the Catholic faith and a passion for Catholic education. The candidate must also be welcoming of all faiths.
- Have a current Washington State Administrative Certification (or equivalent). The candidate may also be in the process of obtaining such credentials.
- Demonstrate excellent communications skills, both written and oral, to our faculty, staff, students, families, and supporters.
- Support, lead, and mentor in a manner that strengthens, inspires, and engages the faculty.
- Be a visionary, with creative ideas and ways to promote Cataldo and inspire the community.
- Possess development and marketing skills to help maintain a healthy school enrollment.
- Have a strong knowledge of school finances and the budgeting process.
- Possess a working knowledge of and experience with the latest proven educational practices.
- Work closely with the Board of Governors and the Diocese.
- Be a visible presence during the school day and at school-sponsored functions.
- Promote extra-curricular activities, such as sports, clubs, drama, and academics that enrich a student’s educational experience.
- Promote and foster a school environment that is welcoming, supportive, and fun.
- Effectively work in an environment that is supported by volunteers.
- Demonstrate integrity and fairness when dealing with student accountability.
- Consistently apply school policy and render required discipline in an equitable manner that is consistent with Cataldo’s mission.
Salary information is available on the Diocese of Spokane website or by calling (509) 358-7330. Employer paid benefits include health and dental insurance, HSA contribution, long- and short-term disability Insurance, and 401K match and contribution.
Candidates shall submit a letter from their parish priest verifying their status as a practicing Catholic.
As part of the application process, candidates shall submit written responses to the following:
Describe your philosophy of Catholic education.
Why do you wish to work at Cataldo Catholic School?
What are important characteristics of a thriving Catholic school?
What contributions will you bring to Cataldo?
Please submit your cover letter, resume, a letter from your pastor, and answers to the supplemental questions by email to Victoria Loveland, Director of Human Resources, email@example.com.
Application deadline: This position is open until filled. Review of applications will begin February 23rd.
Position begins: July 1, 201